Gouda mature cheese by Craxi.
Savoring Raw Cow’s Milk Mature Gouda Cheese.
The art of raw cow’s milk Gouda cheese
The base of all special cheese is the milk with which it is made. Raw cow’s milk, with its rich and complex flavor profile, forms the basis of a truly extraordinary cheese. Cheese makers on cheese farms in the Netherlands process this milk into something magical, perpetuating the art of making authentic Gouda cheese and continuing the centuries-old tradition so that authentic Gouda cheese can still be enjoyed.
Craxi Dutch Gouda farmer’s cheese is a Guaranteed Traditional Specialty.
The price of Six-Month-Old Mature Artisan Gouda Cheese.
|Price by weight of Mature Gouda Cheese||Price|
|Price per 500 grams||€ 10.20|
|Price per 1 kilo||€ 20.40|
If you visit our cheese shop in Malaga, we can cut the cheese of your choice in any desired weight. If you place your cheese order online via our webshop, you can order 500 grams and 1 kilo wedges. Online cheese orders are freshly cut on the day of shipment.
This Gouda cheese, aged for 6 months, is also for sale by weight as indicated below. Price upon request, please feel free to contact us.
- Quarter (1/4) cheese wheel: Weight ±4 kilo.
- Half (1/2) cheese wheel: Weight ±8 kilo.
- Whole (1/1) cheese wheel: Weight ±16 kilo.
Type and origin Craxi Gouda cheese matured for 6 months:
- Country of origin: Holland.
- Milk type: Cow.
- Milk treatment: Raw milk (unpasteurized).
- Type of rennet: Natural.
- Type of cheese: Artisan Gouda Semi-hard.
- Ripening period: 6 months.
The Aging Process: Six Months of Transformation
Aging cheese is a process that marries science and art. The transformation that occurs over six months is nothing short of spectacular. As the cheese wheels rest in controlled environments at the cheese farm, magic happens:
- Flavor Development: During aging, raw cow’s milk cheese undergoes a dramatic flavor transformation. The initial creaminess and mild sweetness evolve into something far more intricate. Nutty, earthy, and even slightly tangy notes emerge, providing a symphony of flavors.
- Texture Evolution: The texture of mature cheese also changes. It becomes firmer, with a slightly crumbly and grainy texture that engages the palate in a delightful way.
The Taste of Six-Month-Old Mature Cheese
So, what can you expect when you bite into a slice of six-month-old mature cheese? Here’s a flavor profile that’s bound to leave your taste buds singing:
- Aromatic Richness: As the cheese matures, it develops a beguiling aroma that’s a marriage of earthy, nutty, and slightly fruity notes.
- Complexity of Flavors: The taste is layered, with a pronounced nuttiness, hints of caramel, and a gentle tang that offers a delightful balance.
- Creamy Yet Firm: The cheese maintains a creaminess, but it’s complemented by a firm texture that makes each bite a journey of exploration.
Some perfect combinations with mature cheese.
Now that we’ve established the exquisite taste of six-month-old mature cheese, let’s talk about the perfect accompaniments. Here are some ideas to enhance your cheese experience:
- Crackers: Pair your mature cheese with artisanal, whole-grain crackers. Their nuttiness and crunch beautifully complement the cheese’s flavors.
- Fresh Fruits: Slices of crisp apples and pears, or dried figs, provide a refreshing contrast to the richness of the cheese.
- Charcuterie Boards: Mature cheese is a charcuterie classic. Pair it with an assortment of cured meats, fresh fruits, and nuts. The contrasting textures and flavors create a harmonious balance.
- Honey: Drizzle some local honey on your cheese to balance its robust flavors with a touch of sweetness.
- Salad: Sprinkle crumbled mature cheese on your favorite salads for an extra burst of flavor.
- Sandwiches (Cheese Sandwiches): Cheese sandwiches with mature cheese are popular throughout Spain. They can consist of crusty bread, mature cheese, and often serrano ham or chorizo.
- Dips and Spreads: Mustard, chutney, or a balsamic reduction can add a new layer of excitement to your cheese platter.
- Grilled sandwich: Both the taste and the ‘meltability’ of this cheese are perfect for the tastiest grilled sandwich.
- Pizza: This cheese melts nicely on the pizza and gives a delicious taste. Do you use parmesan when making your favorite pizza? Tip use some 12, 24 or 36 month aged Craxi Gouda.
- Pasta: Grate or melt raw milk cheese over hot pasta dishes. The flavors of mature Gouda works wonderfully with the richness of a good pasta.
- Crusty Bread: Top a crusty piece of bread with a freshly cut slice of artisanal Gouda cheese for a simple yet divine snack.
Beverages & mature Gouda cheese.
Opt for a robust red wine like a Cabernet Sauvignon or a full-bodied white wine like Chardonnay to accompany the cheese’s complexity. Try a craft beer with malty and caramel notes to complement the nutty flavors of the cheese.
Mature cheese is a versatile and delicious addition to a variety of Spanish dishes. Its robust flavor and firm texture make it a perfect choice to enhance many traditional dishes.
- Paella: Some paella recipes include grated mature cheese as a finishing touch. The combination of rice, seafood, and cheese creates a unique culinary experience.
- Tapas: Mature cheese is a staple in Spanish tapas. Pair it with olives, jamón (Spanish ham), and crusty bread for a delightful tapas spread.
- Spanish Omelette (Tortilla Española): Adding chunks of mature cheese to a Spanish omelette can provide a savory touch and an interesting texture.
- Pisto with Gouda: This dish, similar to ratatouille, benefits from the addition of grated mature cheese on top to give it a richer flavor.
- Montaditos: Small bites of toasted bread with various ingredients, such as tomato, garlic, and olive oil, are sometimes topped with mature cheese to add an extra layer of flavor.
- Rice Dishes: In addition to paella, mature cheeses are often used in other rice dishes, such as brothy rice dishes or Spanish risottos.
- Gazpacho and Salmorejo: These cold soup dishes benefit from a touch of grated mature cheese on top as a garnish.
Below you will find the different types of our Craxi Gouda gourmet natural cheeses with a ripening time ranging from 2 months to 3 years & our range of artisanal Gouda with herbs that we have in the store in Malaga and are available in the online shop.
Craxi artisan Gouda cheese with the following ripening periods:
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with a ripening period of 2 months.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with a ripening period of 4 months.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with a ripening period of 6 months.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with a ripening period of 8 months.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with a ripening period of 12 months.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with a ripening period of 24 months.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with a ripening period of 36 months.
Craxi artisan Gouda cheese with aromatic herbs & spices:
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with Cumin Seeds.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with Black Summer Truffle.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with Italian Herbs.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with Chilies.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with Garlic and Onion.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with Fenugreek Seeds.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with Green Pesto.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with Red Pesto.
- Craxi Gouda farmer’s cheese with Iberian herbs.
If you have any questions, please contact us via the contact form on the website or use the WhatsApp button on this page.
Craxi Gouda cheese shop address: Mercado de la Merced, Stall 14, Calle Merced, 4, 29012 Málaga, Spain.
Can’t come to our Gouda cheese shop in the historic center of Malaga? Then you can order our delicious artisan Gouda cheeses quickly and easily online in our cheese webshop.
Find us on Facebook.