Farmhouse cheese fondue.
Recipe cheese fondue with farmer’s gouda cheese.
Looking for a tasty cheese fondue recipe? Go for this farmhouse gouda cheese fondue with matured farmhouse cheese. A delicious recipe for true cheese lovers. Slice up some tasty vegetables to go with it and start dipping.
Preparation time 20 minutes.
Ingredients for 4 people.
- Garlic clove.
- 400 milliliters of vegetable stock.
- 800 grams of matured (6 months) grated artisan gouda cheese.
- 2 spoonfuls of cornflour.
- 1 teaspoon mustard.
- Coarse bread.
- Rub the inside of the pan with the garlic.
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Stir in the grated (farm) cheese in portions and simmer until all the cheese has melted.
- Stir the diluted cornflour and mustard into the cheese mixture. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes until the fondue is bound.
- Serve the fondue in the pan on a hot plate at the table. Delicious with thick black bread.
Cheese fondue preparation tips.
A broth is a good base for any cheese fondue. However, it is possible to use much more, such as dry white wine (possibly with a touch of kirsch or gin), beer, whole milk, apple juice, or (white) grape juice. Each liquid gives your dish its own character.
Keep stirring while the cheese melts, to avoid lumps forming.
Make sure the fondue is kept warm and use a hot plate.
Of course, bread is used for dipping, but there are many other possibilities. Try adding pieces of vegetables such as carrot, cucumber, cauliflower, and tomato. Think also of (blanched) mushrooms, a must! And finish with pear or grape segments.
Suggestions for wine.
Pinot Blanc, Grüner Veltliner or Nava Rueda go well with this recipe.
If you have any questions, please contact us via the contact form on the website.
Or visit our cheese shop Craxi Queso in Malaga, address Mercado de la Merced, Calle Merced, 4, 29012 Malaga, Spain.